Blame it on Berry…
For starting this Seven SL Facts Meme. I’m gonna give it a go but first I wanted to say that I’m loving this jewelry set by Caelan Hancroft called Sakura that will debut at the Liaison Collaborative tomorrow along with some other really gorgeous items, that you can see if you follow that link and look at the growing flickr pool.
1. Sylvia is my third try at Second Life. It’s true. I first tried Second Life in 2005 under “Anais Vox” but the account was deleted because back then you had to pay ten dollars a month and I only signed up for a quick trial. I never tried to get it back. The second time was an avatar born just two days before Sylvia but I didn’t like her name so Sylvia became my main.
2. I’ve been partnered a few to many times in SL, most of it was friendship and fun though. It’s important not to take yourself too seriously here. I met a few ladies who I would consider to be some of my best real life friends now, who knew?
Yeah I’m looking at you Marls, Uglee, Kate and Cae. Sometimes I might not have seen eye to eye with you, but you four have saved me all in different ways and I love you.
3. My inventory is totally unorganized and its just below 100k. I’m super sentimental and keep a lot of things. If SL had a hoarders show I’d probably be on it.
4. I believe in SL families. Not many people know this but I have a child avatar that I’ve played for 3 years and she has a Mom and Dad. It’s funny how Second Life brings people together and gives you a chance sometimes to have what you can’t really have in RL. My SL Mom and Dad, though sparse the last year or so still mean a lot to me. My SL mom is listed in my RL Facebook profile as my RL mom and My SL Dad means a lot to me because I never had one. My childhood was less than stellar without going into it and SL Family gave a piece of that back to me.
5. Even though I want to make more friends here, I’m really shy even in a virtual world. Sometimes, before I even open my mouth – I automatically assume that people are not going to like me and I wish I could just get over that. It’s hard for me to start conversations, but I do enjoy them.
6. I love my Job at Gos Boutique and Gos in general. I’ve only been there a little over a month and I like helping people out when I can as it forces me to be social. I like the sense of purpose it gives me and I love the shoes, and Gos is pretty nice to work for too.
7. I like Plurk. I know that we all have our ups and downs but in generally plurk is how I learn about things that are going on in SL and connect with people. It has greatly enhanced my SL and has made friends for me and has helped me get to know people and break out of my shell a little by talking to people I might not have spoken to before.
Thank you for the Meme, Berry <3